Cheezy Plant-Based Pizza
Takes 2 hours if making dough from scratch or 25 minutes if using pre-made base. Enjoy a delicious dairy-free version of a cheezy pizza! made with our Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style Grated Blend and Nurishh Camembert Flavour.
For the tomato sauce
1 tin tomatoes
25ml balsamic vinegar*
2 spring onions, sliced
5g dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Salt & pepper
For the focaccia
500g strong plain white flour*
30ml olive oil (plus 15ml extra to oil the tins)
330ml warm water
20g yeast (dried is fine)
For the toppings
1 Nurishh Plant-Based Alternative to Camembert, sliced 5mm thick, or torn
Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style Grated Blend
10 basil leaves
*ingredients containing allergens
- Add all the ingredients for the tomato sauce to a pot, breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Reduce by 1/3, season to taste.
- You can choose to make the dough or use pitta breads or a pre-bought base/loaf as the base for the pizza.
- If you choose to make the dough: Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Add the yeast, oil, and water to a mixing bowl.
- Stir to dissolve the yeast. Don’t worry if the oil is sitting on top of the liquid.
- Add the flour, semolina, and salt.
- Turn on the mixer, or knead by hand, until the dough is smooth, and all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Continue to knead for 7-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a baking tray and stretch out until about 1cm thick.
- Place in a warm place to prove until doubled in size.
- Use your fingers to make dimples, again, trying to keep in as much air as possible.
- Cover with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over the basil, the Plant-Based Alternative to Camembert pieces and the Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style grated Blend.
- Bake at 200°C for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Check the base to ensure it is cooked and crispy.