Enjoy a delicious dairy-free version of the macaroni cheese made with our Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style Grated Blend and Nurishh Plant-based alternative to Camembert.
350g spiral or other short vegan pasta*
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
500g soy alternative to milk*
65g plain white wheat flour*
80g olive oil
140g Nurishh Plant-Based Alternative to Camembert, diced into small pieces to help melting
100g Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style Grated Blend
100ml white wine*
3 sprigs of thyme (optional)
*ingredients containing allergens
- In a pot, add 65g of the olive oil, the onion, 2 sprigs of thyme and the garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook over a medium heat until the flour turns a light golden colour, and the raw flour smell has gone.
- Add the white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Nurishh Cheddar & Mozzarella Style Grated Blend and Nurishh Plant- Based Alternative to Camembert and whisk over medium heat until melted.
- Gradually add the soy alternative to milk in 5 stages whisking all the time to incorporate and create a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste and remove the thyme sprigs.
- Pick the leaves off the remaining thyme sprig and add to the crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs and the remaining oil.
- Toast until golden brown in a pan.
- Cook the macaroni or vegan pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Drain and add to the sauce and mix in a pan over a medium heat to coat the pasta.